Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The sun begins to set on our trip

We're about 24 hours from our departure from paradise. Like First-born-favorite, I have really enjoyed Kauai. I love the small town feel, the great people, the one lane bridges...and even the roaming chickens. The Marriot was great too, they took good care of us...well, First-born-favorite's Platinum status helped a bit. :-)
We've seen almost all of the sites of this island, at least those that can be reached by road. There are a few places that you have to hike to that I'd love to see some day. As expected, I've taken a lot of pictures. Probably over a thousand at this point, so it'll take some time to edit them and pick the best ones. That will occupy my evenings for the foreseeable future, I'm sure. Below are a few of my favorite pics from the "little" camera. There are a ton on the big camera that will have to be converted before I can post.

The USS Ronald Reagan & the USS Arizona Memorial - old & new, both proud:


Flowers over the Arizona - after all these years, people still pay their respects:

Family time (and I'm in a rare picture instead of taking it):




Snorkeling - this shot alone makes that waterproof enclosure I bought worth every penny:



Waterfall pics - I love shooting waterfalls:





Monk Seal - only 1100 of these seals left in the world - too cool to be able to see one up close, in the wild:







Waimea Canyon - The Grand Canyon of the Pacific, wow!








The Na Pali coast - gorgeous!






More to follow - I just hit the limit

No comments:

Post a Comment