If the first photo looks familiar, it's where "From Here To Eternity" was filmed.
As for Diamond Head, let me tell you that I'm totally impressed with Pete & Betty for climbing to the top! It's a serious hike up there - only .8 miles, but 560 feet UP. There are 3 big sets of stairs - 74, 99 (steep), and 54 steps. Plus tunnels, a tight spiral staircase, and then unexpectedly you have to stoop/crawl through an opening. But the views were truly beautiful. Though at that moment, I wasn't thinking about the views - just thinking how glad I was we made it up. :-) And loving that the rest was downhill, to the "shave ice" stand!
If the first photo looks familiar, it's where "From Here To Eternity" was filmed.
ReplyDeleteAs for Diamond Head, let me tell you that I'm totally impressed with Pete & Betty for climbing to the top! It's a serious hike up there - only .8 miles, but 560 feet UP. There are 3 big sets of stairs - 74, 99 (steep), and 54 steps. Plus tunnels, a tight spiral staircase, and then unexpectedly you have to stoop/crawl through an opening. But the views were truly beautiful. Though at that moment, I wasn't thinking about the views - just thinking how glad I was we made it up. :-) And loving that the rest was downhill, to the "shave ice" stand!