Sunday, July 18, 2010

Nicole Speaks

Aloha! I had an amazing time in Hawaii and I definitely want to go again. Although everything was a blast, I have two favorite things, which are Pali Lookout (Oahu) & the boat ride (Kauai).

Pali Lookout is my favorite place on Oahu. It's a place where there is a nice view and trade winds come and attack you. There is a place where you can go lower and it's even windier! The wind is the best part.
Also on Oahu, I had a favorite beach - Lanikai (or Kailua - they're side by side). I liked the CALM, CLEAR water for swimming and the hard-packed sand. And there was the cutest little dog digging to China. He had a toy he was trying to bury in his hole. :-)



On Kauai, my favorite thing was the boat ride. The best part was laying on the netting (the "trampoline") with Daddy on the way back. The waves would soak us and the harsh wind was freezing. Once we were cold, the salty water felt amazing. Surely this was my favorite thing on Kauai. (We didn't take a camera, but Uncle Mike posted a picture of this.)

Also on Kauai...
I liked pushing the elevator buttons... and using the room key card.
Morgan buried me in the sand (at Lydgate Beach - we also snorkeled and boogie-boarded).

At Poipu, I really liked snorkeling. We saw LOTS of colorful fish!!! And Mama caught a crab. And a seal was sleeping on the sand right near us! I named it Sheala. It was SO CUTE! Nana Betty and I are standng in front of the rope (to protect it) - it's back between some rocks.


Linda's note... here's what I think Nicole's favorite thing was in Hawaii: Morgan! :-)
I keep a travel journal with highlights of each day. Whether she was playing in the water, sightseeing, or hanging at the hotel, Nicole's entries often included ... MORGAN.



In conclusion, I had a wonderful time in Hawaii. And I hope that Nana Betty and Paw Paw had the best anniversary celebration they could have.

Mahalo (thank you) to my family.
Love, Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment