Sunday, July 4, 2010

Hanging at the Resort

After taking one look at our resort on Friday, I knew I needed to "relax my bottom" by the beach and the pool.  Yep, no plans and no excursions for me yesterday...just a day of relaxing.   Morgan didn't want to participate in the planned trip due to the long drive (1.5 hrs in the car one way...with stops for photos of course) so she decided to stay with me....and then Nicole thought it was a good idea too. We sent Ron, Linda, Mom, Dad & Michael off to the North Shore and were thrilled with our "no plans day" .  I did get a little nervous when the clouds rolled in around 9am.....they could have caused major problems with my plans.  What would we do with a day of rain??  We needed to run a  couple errands to pick up some things for the others so we headed out for a little exploration.  We found just what we needed...a WalMart!  And yes, WalMart is just as scary here in Kauai as it is at home.....and it wasn't even a Super WalMart...more scary.
We arrived back at the resort and shortly afterwards the rains came pouring down.  UGH!  Luckily it was a quick shower so we headed to the beach.  It was still cloudt but at least it was warm and no rain.  The girls played in the sand for a while and I lounged in the beautiful green grass near the sandy beach.  I hate sand....so the chair on the grass--close enough without the mess.  Loved it.
The sun started breaking thru and I knew it was going to be a great day!  We grabbed a quick lunch and the rest of the day was spent hanging by the pool.  I am always easily entertained "people watching"...but throw in a pool and swimsuits...well, that can entertain for hours.   I also had my Kindle and did a good bit of reading.  We even had a celebrity sighting!  Check back for pictures.  I'm trying to upload a couple from from my camera but this little notepad is just chugging along this morning and I have no patience!  :-)  The other members of the family are still sleeping so I can't bother them for assistence either.
Have a great 4th of July!
Tricia

No comments:

Post a Comment