It was an amazing trip. A couple of personal highlights for me include:
• At the luau we were seated at the table with the wedding party of a couple who had gotten married that same day. After both were recognized by the emcee, one of them leaned over and asked Dad what the “secret” to 50 years of marriage was. Dad replied, “Betty does what she wants… and I do what Betty wants!”
• Snorkeling on Kauai was really good. We went 3 different places – I thought Kee (pronounced Ke-a – long ‘a’) was the best. I missed seeing the sea turtle that Michael and Linda saw but still really great.
• Hiking up Diamond Head – Mom and Dad were real troopers. While Linda and I had been to Oahu previously, we had not made it to Diamond Head. Lots of great views of the island from the top.
• Spouting Horn (Kauai) – really cool blowholes
While the sights and events were terrific, the best part was being able to share the experience and time with family. Tricia and I have been so incredibly blessed by our parents. They have given us both so much, not least of which is getting to observe firsthand a loving, Christian marriage that’s now celebrating 50 years.
P.S. – Nicole and Morgan – the bar has now been set for what you’ll need to do for YOUR parents for our 50th anniversary!
No comments:
Post a Comment