Sunday, June 27, 2010

On the list

Ba-ba-ba-ba-baaa-bum-ba-ba-ba-baa-bummm..... The theme song for Sluder 5-0! Whoever came up with the name for this blog is definitely a genius. :-) I'll be singing it all week.

We are really looking forward to this trip. Hawaii has been on my "list" of places to visit for a long time - despite the long flight, I'm sure it will be worth it. You know how I know? Years of experience by watching Hawaii 5-0, Magnum PI, Jurassic Park, and of course, LOST!

Just for the record, I only packed early to make sure all of my camera gear would fit. I could really care less about the clothes. :-) I know my family won't agree, but I did limit what gear I'm taking with me! Stay tuned for pictures....there might be a few.

The one thing I'm definitely leaving behind on this trip is my laptop. We'll have one with us, but it's not my work machine. I'm not working for the next couple weeks, other than some cruises that we've taken, this will be one of the few times where I'm truly unplugged....well, as unplugged as I can be anyway.

I travel quite a bit for work, just like "1st born - favorite" does, so I've been preaching the travel light montra for the past 6 months. I limited them to one 25" bag each, Morgan's stuff is in but tight...Tricia has a pile on the floor that will never fit. Should be interesting to see what she ends up with - Betty has had a month to compress her stuff, I'm not worried about Pete, he'll travel light.

I'll check in later with a report on our travel adventures. I can always find something entertaining at the airport or on the plane to write about.

Aloha

1 comment:

  1. This is excellent!! I can't wait to read and see who each post is from. Yall are GREAT and I know I will feel like I am there even though I am here in this heat!!! Have fun and will enjoy the blogging!! Michael I know your pictures will be awesome!! Can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete