When I realized that my parents would be celebrating their 50th anniversary in 2010, I immediately volunteered Ron for the task of planning a party....or whatever we were going to do. He was thrilled beyond words...and immediately tried to pawn the planning back onto me. We knew a party was the traditional thing to do but we also knew that our father would rather be shot than go thru a 50th wedding anniversary party. So the planning started.....and to give credit where credit is due....Ron came up with the idea of all of us going to Hawaii together to celebrate. It didn't take long to get us all on board with that idea.
And 6 months ago the reservations were made....under the watchful eye and guidance of our resident travel coordinator Linda. That means she picked out the places we would be going and we all readily agreed. We all know that Linda is the researcher of the group and wouldn't steer us wrong. :-)
The trip has finally arrived and on Tuesday of this week we will begin our big adventure. It's quite the plane ride--about 10 1/2 hrs for those of us on the East coast. Ron, Linda & Nicole only have to endure a 6 1/2 hr flight. (bums)
Check back frequently as we will all be taking turns here on the blog. You never know who may be writing each day....or who gets drafted if no one volunteers.
Thanks for joining our little adventure and feel free to leave comments for us.
Tricia
I wish you all the greatest adventure in Hawaii I know you will treasure this time with your parents and I know you will have forgotten something. but you can always blame it on Uncle Pete lol have a great trip keep us posted on life and times of Hawaii and the Gang. Talk to you guys soon.
ReplyDeleteWe just got back form vacation...so I'm just now seeing this. What a wonderful idea...and I hope you all have a fabulous time...can't wait to read all about it! :) Thanks for including me.
ReplyDelete