Sunday, June 27, 2010

My initial 2 cents...

As thrilled as Tish said I was about planning the party, I was equally thrilled about the idea of the blog. However, she, uh, convinced me, yeah, that's it :). Anyway, I think Tricia and I are the ones least prepared for the trip. She said Morgan and Mike are all packed. Same at my house for Linda and Nicole. Mama's been packed for a month and Daddy, well, I'm sure Mom's taken care of him too :)

Tricia just finished her last minute trip to Nashville and I'm starting mine to Oregon (in the Phoenix airport right now). I'll pack Tuesday morning before we go to the airport - no worries! Luckily, I have long experience in Linda's planning and have no worries about the itinerary in Hawaii.

Looks like it will be a bit rainy/overcast, but that's normal - it is a tropical climate. Will be a refreshing change from here - I think it was a 112 here today - that "but it's a dry heat" only works for <110... the fact that I can say/type that with a straight face says I've been living here too long :)

Anyway, really looking forward to the trip with the family. Tricia and I are truly blessed to have some great and godly parents as role models - they've set the bar high for both of us and our marriages!

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment